Why your Business NEEDS a Website
Like many business owners, you may believe your business cannot benefit from having a website or that a website is not within your budget. Or you may ask yourself “Why do I need a website?” The answer should be every business should have a website. Here is why.
- YOUR SMALL BUSINESS WILL GAIN CREDIBILITY: Today, more and more consumers use the Internet to search for the products or services they need. Your business will gain credibility by having a website. Without one, potential customers will go to your competitors that do.
- YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL BE INFORMED: A website will be your online brochure or catalogue. It will be much easier and quicker to update information about your products and services on your website than in print materials, making it an effective way of letting your customers know about the arrival of new products, upcoming events, special promotions, or any new services you now offer.
- YOU CAN SHOWCASE YOUR WORK: No matter what type of business you’re in, a website is a great place to showcase your work. By including a portfolio or image gallery, as well as testimonials about your work, you can demonstrate what makes your business unique.
- YOU WILL SAVE TIME: Providing information to your customers takes time, whether it’s on the phone, face-to-face, in a brochure, or in emails. With an online catalogue you can provide lots of information about your products and services. Once your website is up and running, it is available to your customers indefinitely, saving you time. And what is time? Time is money!
- BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE: By including a FAQ page, adding articles or uploading newsletters to answer all your customers’ questions you can keep them up-to-date. What better way to provide them with value added service than by sharing information on your website.
- CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS: People not only have access to significant levels of information but they expect that it is readily available. By providing a website, a business can offer the convenience of instant information and fulfill demand for product quickly.
- 24/7 ACCESS: You will provide 24/7 access to information about your business and its products and services. Your business may close its doors overnight, but your website is busy marketing your brand and products to prospects and existing customers. It will show up in search results conducted by Internet users during the late night or early morning hours when your lights are off.
- MARKET PENETRATION AND EXPANSION: You will not only sell to existing customers but also reach additional customers. If you offer products and services for sale on your website, you give your customers a chance to buy on their own time and from their own home. Plus, your business will have the chance to become a state, regional, national or even global business if you are willing to ship products to customers outside the local market.
- IT IS A COMPETITIVE NECESSITY: Many customers rely on search engines to find products or services, you need a website to show up among their search results. If you don’t have a website, your competitors will have the advantage of drawing new business from new customers who might have preferred your products and services had you publicized them better.